For Litha 2013 (http://barbedpentacle.com/2013/06/the-litha-challenge-something-fun-crafty-and-potentially-gritty/), I challenged everyone to make a “living wall” for the summer as suggested on Magaly Guerrero’s blog, Pagan Culture (http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-living-wall-for-midsummer.html) and to send in pictures. If you would like to participate, send in pictures of your wall and descriptions to email@example.com. Please put “Holly Queen Challenge” in the subject line.
- Pedro from South of the Boarder (http://www.thesouthoftheborder.com/), the best place to go when inebriated.
- This is my bikini top from Mexico and ring from Magdalena, a piece of blue creek glass that a house mate gave me this summer, and my Almalthea horns from a sacrifice.
- This is my cowerie collar for all those fun money spells, my new business cards that are attached with cloak clips that have tons of fun uses, my gypsy ear rings, and the skin that my snake shed at Litha. The beads that are holding everything up is a belly chain from my belly dancing days.
- These are my favorite tracts so far this summer on my red hot tract panties and my new fly swatter from my honey.
Bellatrix S’s wall and post: http://armedvenus.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-road-and-wall-not-actually-asoiaf.html
Yule Challenge 2013 send your pics to firstname.lastname@example.org
- From the top: Evil Eye candy for 2014, the crystal from the Perchta Power Project, my “confidence” clothes pin from our annual Krampus/Perchta ritual, yarn from a Songbird Snuggle, money for the New Year, greenery and prickles from our sexy Yule meditation, and last but not least–Perchta and Krampus by Aramis September.
First of all, read this: http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-living-wall-for-midsummer.html
I think this is really a cool idea. I can already see my own wall of bones and leather starting to take shape! In the spirit of the season, I challenge you to start planning and executing your own living wall! Just call me the Holly Queen!
Besides, it’ll give you something to do as you watch the bidding on the spoon: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Barbed-Pentacle/185787251532552, and try to figure out just the right time to place your bid.
When you get your wall (or other area) up, take a picture and email it to email@example.com. I’ll post all the pictures in a special area. If we get neat enough ones, maybe we’ll have a contest. So, look through your junk and memories, and pull out all your coolest, grittiest stuff. And remember, this isn’t an altar, nor is it a shrine (well, in a way…). It’s just something fun to help you display your memories and think, “God, how did I not get arrested for taking that!”
These folks get who the true Holly queen is:
Mystic Artisans: https://www.facebook.com/mysticartisans
Passion And Soul: http://passionandsoul.com/
Tonia Brown: www.thebackseatwriter.com